Millwall boss Neil Harris has said that the club will not break the bank this summer but they will look to reward top players. Harris said the club was still developing so they were careful with Financial Fair Play rules.
Millwall midfielder George Saville is expected to step up whilst on Northern Ireland international duty. He played as a Chelsea youth player for years and must have taken a few cues from when the Blues lifted the Champions League title in 2012.
Michael O’Neill named the player for Northern Ireland’s World Cup qualifiers as they seek to seal their playoff spot. Germany, packed with Bayern Munich stars that Saville saw first-hand Chelsea defeat in 2012, is set to face Northern Ireland on Thursday.
The Fleetwood Town management was desperate for their experienced duo of Ball and McLaughlin to stay and had thrown extension offers to both of them, but, both have told the club that they are not interested to continue in League One anymore and are exploring opportunities to ply their trade somewhere else and thus are not going to accept the offers.
As per Rosler, the kind of form both the players have been in for Fleetwood in the past three seasons, they have earned the right to play at a higher level and showcase their potential against better oppositions. So, there’s no question of him feeling let down by their decisions to leave. (more…)
The 25 year old Northern Irish right-back of Fleetwood Town, Conor McLaughlin has been included in the English Football League One team of the season after helping his club in snatching the 3rd spot of the English League by making a string of successive impressive performances.
Northern Ireland is currently pitted in the 2nd spot of Group C of the qualifications group stages with 7 points secured from the 4 initial matches that have been played so far. Germany is at the top with 12 points and Azerbaijan also has 7 points.
The next qualification match of Northern Ireland is expected to be played on March 26 of the ongoing year as they face off with Norway at the Windsor Park. (more…)
Northern Ireland opened their World Cup qualification campaign with a 0-0 draw against the Czech Republic. Even though it was a stalemate, the team at least started the campaign without a loss.
At 25 years of age,McLaughlin is rightly poised to become the first choice right back for Ireland. The fact that manager O’Neill was pleased with the performance of the defender is likely to see him called up for the next round of qualification action, which will take place in October. Northern Ireland will be up against San Marino and Germany in the space of a few days. It will give O’Neill the possibility to testMcLaughlin against a minnow and the reigning world champions.McLaughlin, though, will be hoping that this praise from O’Neill results in more first-team opportunities. Despite being part of the Euro 2016 squad, the player made only one appearance at the major competition. (more…)
ConorMclaughlin might be leaving Fleetwood Town in the summer.
Stephen Pressley admitted that there is interest from Leeds United and that the club might be prepared to sell the player if they received the right amount of money. The manager said that ConorMclaughlin only have one year left on his contract, and that means that the player can leave on a free transfer next season. It is better for them that they sell now and recoup some money rather than wait and see the player leave for nothing.
Stephen Pressley said that the club would do everything they can to safeguard their interest, and that means that they will wait for the best situation before selling the player. (more…)
Steven Davis says the professionals are ambitious and it’s not hard to understand their willingness to work at upper levels if there are opportunities. Michael O’Neill’s situation should be seen from the same point of view.
It is understood that the clubs are starting to come to the Federation of Ireland to talk about the procedure for them to acquire O’Neill and according to Davis, the manager’s interest in leaving would only be normal.
Davis was quoted as saying, “The clubs would be coming for sure. If you ask us, yes of course, each and every one of us would want him not to leave, but, he would have his own aspirations and that’s fine.”
On remarks that the Green and White were too circumspect and were all defence in all 4 Euro matches they played, Davis said that the set up the manager forms depends on what he has got to play with. If he is armed with the attackers, the set up and the style would be different.
In Davis’ words, “You see whom were we up against at the group stage? The likes of Bale, Lewandowski, we didn’t let them have much of a say. Germany, with their quality, had the better of us, but, I believe the formation was absolutely right considering our strength.” (more…)
The 23 year old defender Conor McLaughlin has managed to play at the international stage in over 30 occasions as a youth player by going through the Northern Ireland U16-U21 teams. Now that he is old enough to be placed in the main team of his country, Conor is delighted about having this chance as the defender of Fleetwood Town took the chance to express what it feels like to perform for Northern Ireland in important tournaments such as the 2016 Euro’s qualifications.
Conor McLaughlin has been featured in every single 2016 Euro’s qualification match for Northern Ireland including the country’s latest match which was played on March 29 at the Windsor Park against Finland. This game resulted in a 2-1 victory for Northern Ireland as national side of Conor McLaughlin remains in the 2nd spot of Group F with 12 points having been secured so far.
The defender of Fleetwood Town was called up for Northern Ireland’s match against Finland and the right-back was happy to be able to represent his country once more and help them in their quest on progressing into the next rounds of the 2016 Euro’s but it was a bittersweet feeling for Conor McLaughlin as he had to miss out from the match that his club had to play against Preston North End which was played on March 29.
“It’s bittersweet, isn’t it?Its two massive games for Northern Ireland, Scotland at Hampden an (more…)
Preston North End manager Phil Brown has said that he is hopeful that his club wwill extend goalkeeper Thorsten Stuckmann’s contract until January. Goalkeeper Stuckmann is on a short-term deal with Preston North End, but has proved to be extremely successful for the club so far. Stuckmann’s two appearances for Preston this season seems to have been more than enough to convince Phil Brown that he is good enough to deserve a contract up until New Year.
Speaking to the media regarding the contract situation, Phil Brown said “The good thing is that the current contract which Thorsten has carries us beyond the current loan window, which shuts in a week. Hopefully we will add an extension, that would take us into the early January transfer window – when we can extend it again. After his fantastic performances in the last two games, we’d be stupid not to extend his deal.” The Preston betting markets suggest that a contract extension will be offered.
Preston North End have been struggling in recent weeks, having suffered three defeats on the bounce, with the latest defeats coming in the FA Cup against Southend and in the League against Bury. They are only seven points ahead of the relegation zone, and the presence of Thorsten Stuckmann in between the sticks is expected to add a lot of strength to the team.
Despite being extremely close to the relegation zone, there is also a good chance that Preston North End can make it into the play-offs. They started the season as one of the top Championship bets, and they’re still only eight points behind Notts County in the final play-offs position.
Manager Phil Brown has said in recent weeks that players have not been has the same kind of commitment that he wishes to see.