Home - Conor Mclaughlin - CONOR McCLAUGHLIN PENS NEW FLEETWOOD DEAL

CONOR McCLAUGHLIN PENS NEW FLEETWOOD DEAL

Posted on August 8, 2017 in Conor Mclaughlin

Fleetwood Town’s Northern Ireland defender, Conor Gerard Mcclaughlin has extended his contract at the High Bury stadium.


The club has offered new contracts to the 25-year-old, with the player among Town players whose contracts expire in the summer.

The defender has penned a three year contract extension at the club after he looks certain to attract more interest from Championship clubs in the January transfer window.

Coach of the league one side, Uwe Rosler said: “We have a structure and I recommend that I would like to continue with the player. I can assure you that Conor has been offered a new contract.”

After featuring only once for his country at Euro 2016 in their first game against Poland, McLaughlin has regained his place in Michael O’neil’s team and scored his first international goal in the World Cup qualifier game against Azerbaijan last month.

The defender has been in impressive form this season, with five goals to his name plus helping the Trawlermen concede justa goal in their previous five outings, Rosler says the club hadbig choices to make going into the final games of 2016, just three points outside the League One play-off zone.

Being Town’s first full international, McClaughlin was named the player’s player of the season for 2013/2014 in his second league campaign having joined The Cod Army side from Preston North End in 2012.

Fleetwood Town continued their fine run in the English third tier in last weekend’s 3-1 win over rivals Bristol Rovers to make it 13 games without a loss.

The Cold Army faces Championship side, Bristol city in the Emirate F.A Cup hoping to extend theirunbeaten run at the High Bury stadium on Tuesday night.

 

  • Tweets

  • Like Us On Facebook